E-RIHS.CZ is a research infrastructure for Heritage Science, and it is designed as a full-fledged national node of European Research Infrastructure for Heritage Science (E-RIHS). The Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic – the leading host institution – is already involved in E-RIHS activities on a European level through its involvement in H2020 projects E-RIHS PP and IPERION HS.
The need to incorporate technical disciplines and humanities in the field of cultural heritage research has led to the formation and emergence of a new scientific discipline in recent decades – Heritage Science (link to Wikipedia).
Due to the interdisciplinary character of Heritage Science, there is a need for involvement and cooperation of a wide range of research institutions. The Czech LRI E-RIHS.CZ is therefore planned as a distributed infrastructure formed on the cooperation of 9 research institutions:
- Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Civil Engineering (FCE CTU)
- Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Nuclear Sciences and Physical Engineering (FNSPE CTU)
- Institute of Archaeology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Brno (IAB)
- Institute of Archaeology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague (IAP)
- Institute of Inorganic Chemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IIC)
- Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (ITAM)
- Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology (FFWT MENDELU)
- Nuclear Physics Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences (NPI)
- University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague (UCT)